Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 5VX46AV_1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just purchased the Omen 17t with the storage upgrade for 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, I was reading in the community someone had asked if they could install another SSD on top of the 1TB, they were told they could and in the configuration options shown in the manual say you could have multiple configurations of HDD and SSD. 

would it be possible to upgrade the system further when I eventually receive the laptop, and what would be the maximum I’d be able to put in ? I’m asking because hypothetically if you understand what they replied in that question, then you’d think one could have multiple SSD’s and a single HDD, would one be able to have a 1TB HDD as well as 2x 512GB SSD’s ? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@iamrourke_1 

It is a CTO machine therefore we can't get its REAL specs. But from Storage section, the series supports dual drives (total 2 physical drives) with M.2 SSD drive and 2.5" drive.

I believe you picked option 1 TB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD therefore you can add 2.5" SATA HDD/SSD to your machine (2TB is a good choice). But definitely you need more parts for 2.5" drive (case, connectors).

As mentioned above, I don't know its model/product code therefore won't be able to find  its manual which shows part # for case and connector. Do you have your machine now ? You should be able to know what is it using HP Support Assistant. For example from my machine

product name.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.