Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-dc0051nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, im having issues with acpi.sys taking up 1ms of latency and can hear crackles when playing an instrument on ableton live. I have tried everything written on websites and have clean installed the operating system several times with different windows 10 builds. heres a list of various things i have tried

-clean install like 5 or more times lol

-disabled every device on device manager to see whats the culprit also disabled control method battery and it did not work.

-tried every bios except the first two

-changed power setting to max performance

also when moving the mouse wdf01000.sys spikes up to .5 ms but i  dont know if thats normal. 

I dont know if this is useful but i also upgraded the nvme ssd  to a 1tb nvme  and also upgraded the hdd to an 1tb ssd the first day i got it, and performed a clean install of the os using a usb stick.

Any help would be appreciated as i have spent a hefty amount of money on this laptop for music and im sad.

-

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi, please provide usage graph of your CPU cores as soon as you notice the latency.

I'm afraid that you're one of us:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/High-CPU-Usage-System-ACPI-sys-GPE-L6F-Storm-Omen-15-...

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for replying to this question. My cpu usage remains the same when the crackles happen there's no spikes on cpu usage. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.