Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp omen 15-ax253dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I just got this laptop, and I love everything about it so far, except for one admittedly minor issue which is really bugging me. 

On my old ASUS laptop, the backlit keyboard would turn itself off after a period of inactivity, which could be modified through settings, so the lights would turn off after 5 seconds, 30 seconds, always on, etc. I liked this feature for when I was reading something or watching something, especially knowing it would help save battery.

On my new omen laptop, it seems that this isn't an option - the backlit keyboard is either always on, or always off. I've spent awhile searching for a solution for this, but there doesn't seem to be one. There's no setting for it, including in the BIOS, and I don't think there's any software solution for it either, at least not that I've found.

Am I really out of luck? I know it's such a small thing, but still, when there's already a button that turns the lights on and off, I can't imagine that adding a timer to it could be especially difficult. Is there nothing me or HP can do about this?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi mmajcan,

I am using the 17- w273nr and no such luck. Only on or off.

Some of the HP Zbooks had this feature located in the bios, but not the Omen.

It would be nice to have, I agree.

HP "consumer" notebooks have a very limited bios and I doubt HP will ever change this anytime soon. :Crying:

HP Recommended

Also the older Omen notebooks had controllable lighting with the Omen Control Panel (colors, zones, etc) but no timer afaik.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.