FerdinandJ
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Omen Command Center not working

HP Recommended
Omen X by HP Laptop 17-ap0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time I try to press the Omen Command Center button or the app icon it reads:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, running as Admin, as well as repairing and resetting the application from apps and features. 

I've always had problems with the keyboard lighting turning off every time I turn on my computer. But after the most recent windows update the whole application just stopped working, so none of the omen command center features are working.

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
92,684 92,562 11,980 25,542
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@FerdinandJ 

Please uninstall it and use Windows Store, search for Omen Command Center and Get it again

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
FerdinandJ
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks but tried that multiple times, I just ended up hard resetting my laptop. It works now, the only thing is that I have to keep opening up Omen command center to turn on keyboard lighting(FN+F4 does not work)

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation