Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen X by HP Laptop 17-ap0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time I try to press the Omen Command Center button or the app icon it reads:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, running as Admin, as well as repairing and resetting the application from apps and features. 

I've always had problems with the keyboard lighting turning off every time I turn on my computer. But after the most recent windows update the whole application just stopped working, so none of the omen command center features are working.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@FerdinandJ 

Please uninstall it and use Windows Store, search for Omen Command Center and Get it again

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks but tried that multiple times, I just ended up hard resetting my laptop. It works now, the only thing is that I have to keep opening up Omen command center to turn on keyboard lighting(FN+F4 does not work)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.