Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
dc0051nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

HP Omen Command Center - "my games" list is completely empty, & can't create rewards/coaching account.;

When I try to create an account, I get an error every time after entering my birthday. I've tried restarting the app, the computer, and re-installing the Command Center, along with using different dates.  

hp omen command center birthday.jpg

Similarly, I have no games in the "my games" list. When I try to add any, nothing happens----I can click the "+" sign and it opens up a box with nothing in it.  When I click the "refresh" icon in the upper-right corner it seems to search I guess, but never stopped overnight, and consequently never found anything.  

hp omen command center my games empty.jpg

I am signed up and confirmed linked to the HP login, so I can't figure out why I can't create a games account, rewards, coaching, etc. 

32 REPLIES 32
HP Recommended

Hello @ColorofGrey 

I haven't seen this type of issue yet, so I'm a little confused on what would cause it.

Have you tried forcing Windows to update yet? Go into Windows updates and click the Check for Updates button, even if it says its up to date. Do this a couple of times. If its got updates already pending, install them, reboot and force it to recheck again.

There might be an HP update that's not installed yet.

Let me know if that does anything.

HP Recommended

Thanks for that----I did have several Windows updates I sortof had to force, took quite a while.

However no changes to the HP Omen Command Center---I still can't create a rewards account, or add any games from any drive or location to the launcher. 

HP Recommended

Correction----SOLVED

After doing the Windows updates and the Omen Command Center still having the same problems, I completely removed the program again and reinstalled it from scratch after a restart.  I enabled Google Analytics (if I remember right) at launch, which I likely had opted out of the first time at install.  

The app then worked immediately, it seems.  Full games list already populated, no errors, and a rewards account.  

Thanks again for the help, and for the quick response.  Cheers!

HP Recommended

Ah OK that makes sense then. Between the updates and permissions, its functioning now. Thanks for the update.

HP Recommended

The tricky part now is it basically shows no games.

I say basically because most of my games come from Steam, and I can't seem to get any games from Steam into the list, so the whole thing ended up being incidental anyway (can't find a solution to Steam games populating the launcher, not sure if it's worth it regardless).  

HP Recommended

The Omen-My Games list is basically just a launcher to consolidate all you game exe's into one list.

Seems we cannot navigate to an exe's specific location, only pick from the list that populates.

Further looking into it, I noticed I can add other games but not individual Steam games either.

I can however add the Steam Launcher from the pop up list.

So Im guessing that is as far as you can get with Steam.

HP Recommended

@ColorofGrey 

Just thought I would ask how its working out.

I went ahead and added the Steam Launcher to the Omen games list to launch with.

The next day when I rebooted, I hit the plus sign (add button) and the list now populated with the various steam games I have installed. Also, they are installed on my secondary hard drive which makes it even more bizarre that the Command Center found them. So far its been working fine since I chatted with you previously.

Don't know what happened, but I would say its still glitchy and hasn't worked for everybody. If you haven't tried it, perhaps it will work now? Just a thought.

HP Recommended

Thanks!

Unfortunately for me that's not the case----the Steam games are still not there, and they don't show up in the list to manually add as well (oddly I can add things like my Zip extractor, Adobe reader, et al). 

Another oddity is, again, I seem to get logged out both here on HP.com and on the Omen Command Center intermittently (I had to login again to respond to your message even with "remember me" checked).  I only mention it because it doesn't seem to happen anywhere else, leading me to believe it may be part of the problem.

Finally, I couldn't respond to this thread earlier because it was closed---did you reopen it?  

As of today I'm waiting for HP to have a new rep contact me per their PM system.  I spoke on the phone with a rep early this week, however he was insistant that nothing was wrong with the program and only having the Steam & Blizzard launchers in the Omen Command Center was not an issue, which inherently is the only issue for game tracking, launching, rewards, etc.  Overwatch, for example, is only available through Blizzard.

For what it's worth, I did try to add more games manually just now, but again, no results.  I have MOST of my games on the secondary hard drive, but I do have a few on the smaller main drive and it doesn't find those, either.  

Thanks again for following up.  If this thread stays open I will follow up with what I hear from the next group at HP.  Cheers!

HP Recommended

Hmm, I don't know why its so intermittent with various users. And why its logging you out, I have not heard of that before either. At this point, I hate to say try reinstalling Windows as maybe something else is actually wonky on your system, but I'll leave that up to you. 

No, this thread was already open when I jumped in.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.