Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, I just got a new HP Omen laptop and it mostly works great. However, I was annoyed buy the touchpad being disabled while typing (because it took a few moments to re-enble, making it difficult to quickly edit documents when jumping from one section to another). I saw that there is a setting for this in the Omen Control software, and I enabled it, and it works temporarily. But when I restart the laptop, the setting is no longer enabled, and you have to re-enable it yourself. This does not happen for other settings, such a disabling the windows key, which stay after reboot, but the touchpad setting doesn't. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you very much, I didn't realise that this setting could also be found under the touchpad settings. I turned of SmartSense (palm detection + keyboard delay) and it solved half of the problem. However, the touchpad settings also don't save on reboot. There have been posts on this before, such as:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/Synatics-Touchpad-V7-5-settings...

The final solution in that post, editing a resistry value, worked for me, and now the settings stay saved. So thanks to you and that post.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Looking into Synaptics touchpad setting from Control Panel, there should be an option to disable palm-rejection.

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
HP Recommended

Thank you very much, I didn't realise that this setting could also be found under the touchpad settings. I turned of SmartSense (palm detection + keyboard delay) and it solved half of the problem. However, the touchpad settings also don't save on reboot. There have been posts on this before, such as:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/Synatics-Touchpad-V7-5-settings...

The final solution in that post, editing a resistry value, worked for me, and now the settings stay saved. So thanks to you and that post.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.