Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Laptop 15-ek0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP OMEN 15-ek0xxx

MS Windows 10 Home

BIOS: AMI F.07

After making the following config changes in the Omen 15 BIOS "BIOS Setup > Boot Options":

1: USB boot > Enabled

2: Secure Boot: disabled (including restarting the laptop and entering the requested security code)

3: UEFI Boot Order: moving USB Flash Drive / USB Hard Disk  to the top

The Omen laptop refuses to recongnise any USB bootable flash drive or USB hard disks.

Note that there is no "Enable Legacy Support" option within the BIOS Boot Options menu as the HP documentation suggests.

The Boot Menu boot manager insists on only displaying the WIndows ACPI boot image. The USB drives are conspicuously absent from the Boot Manager selection list nor are they visible under "Boot from EFI File"

The laptop's USB ports have been confirmed as working correctly via the HP System Diagnostics > Test Components tool

These USB devices are recognised and boot successfully on other HP laptops (Envy 13, EliteBook G850, ProBook ...)

Why does the secure boot still appear to be having an effect despite being disabled? 

What is the solution to this issue?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TwoTurbos

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Firstly, remove the hard drive from the computer.
  • Once the hard drive is removed turn on the computer without the hard drive- While booting as the computer doesn’t detect a hard drive so it’ll automatically rollback to the previous bios.
  • Put the HDD back in and turn it ON. It might give an error about the improper shutdown. Just click continue and it should boot to windows.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.