Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15 15-5001ng
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I bought this gaming laptop in Germany, so it is German keyboard. I don't know if that will make any difference. I am having a hard time trying to find numpad, home, end, pageup and pagedown buttons on my Computer. Can anyone help me please? Thank you a lot in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there lumia

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

In answer to your keyboard questions, I can only work off of the English version, but in general the layout should be pretty much the same, excepting for language specific special characters. There is no distinct numpad. The numberic characters are just along the top under the function keys. The Home, End, PgUp, PgDown keys are in the lower right of the keyboard, and are combined with the arrow keys.

Keyboard Image

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there lumia

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

In answer to your keyboard questions, I can only work off of the English version, but in general the layout should be pretty much the same, excepting for language specific special characters. There is no distinct numpad. The numberic characters are just along the top under the function keys. The Home, End, PgUp, PgDown keys are in the lower right of the keyboard, and are combined with the arrow keys.

Keyboard Image

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thank you a lot for your reply! Your answer helped my a lot. In terms of the numpad, some games, for example Need for Speed: Rivals  for PC requires users to use numpad 5 to navigate through the EasyDrive System. Most of the game trainers require users to use numpad to activate abilities, so I do need the numpad instead of the numberic characters along the top under the function keys.  I heard that some laptops can activate numpad by pressing Fn + F9.  Could you please tell me whether or not HP Omen has this functionality? Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

@Lumia 

I do not see that functionality for this keyboard, although you have 6 programmable keys on the left side.  There is some information on keyboard configuration in the Omen's User Guide. It may be possible to configure the 6 programmable keys to match the keys you need.

If you absolutely require a numeric keypad, an option you could look at, is a separate keypad. I quick search with Google or any other search engine will find several possible choices, and that may be the solution for those games needing it.

I hope this helps.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.