Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've been having an issue with BSOD for some time now. I've tried many different troubleshooting methods, reimaging, installing latest drivers, replaced HDD, replaced RAM. I typically get a BSOD when the laptop is idle or when I hit the login screen but sometimes it will occur while I'm in the middle of using it. I can go hours without a blue screen and typically when I reboot it works fine for a while. This has been really frustrating because the laptop isn't even 2 years old yet. I have had it serviced previously through HP because of issues with WiFi cutting out whenever I had my monitor plugged into the mini HDMI port. They claimed it was fixed, not sure what exactly was done to it but after about a month the issue resurfaced and now I'm out of warranty. 

These are the BSOD messages I'm seeing in Reliability Monitor:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffff8063f788900, 0x0000000000000003, 0xfffff8063f7761f2, 0x0000000000000002). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 7847c5fd-d9e9-4d6a-9538-ef46489c202d.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff806b4815039, 0xffffc90eeee039f0, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 77d4d009-672b-4643-af1e-29c01830dbd1.

Any help would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi@rockwellc,

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing BSOD issues with the HP Omen Notebook. I apologize for the Inconvenience. 

Try doing Reset PC Keep my files from windows and check if it works.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics is a Windows-based utility that allows you to run diagnostic tests to determine whether the computer hardware is functioning properly. The tool runs within the Windows operating system in order to diagnose hardware failures. 

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Click here for the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10) link.

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I’ve tried restoring/resetting/reformatting. I’ve run multiple hardware diagnostics with no failures. This is all so frustrating considering I’ve spent nearly $1000 for this laptop and can’t seem to run it for a day without a BSOD. Not feeling confident about HP products. 

HP Recommended

Hi@rockwellc,

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your time and effort.

I have a few recommendations 

• Update your Notebook computer to latest BIOS from HP.COM.
  • Make sure the Windows and HP support assistant updates are up to date. 

If the issue still persists then I would request you to contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on this link https://www.hp.com/contacthp/ 

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Well in my case (not exactly the same model) the bsod occured when I had 20% battery life. Maybe it's the same case for you. I theorized it was from the SSD and the mobile protection driver. Can you post the reason of the crash from that dump file?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.