Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-dh1096ng
Microsoft Windows 11

I got an issue with my HP Omen 15-dh1096ng,

sometimes, be it during browsing the Net, watching a movie, Gaming or when my laptop is idle, my screen suddenly turns black and after a few seconds it comes back again and it is set to maximum brightness. Using the Fn keys to change the brightness have no effect even though the small column appears and goes up or down. Even changing in the Settings for Brightness doesn't affect it. The only thing that helps is to restart the laptop, which is really unnecessary...

My drivers are all up to date, Windows Update and Nvidia Geforce Experience have no new updates.

I even changed the battery setting from HP Recommended to the normal Recommended (it helped for a few days)

Sometimes this brightness problem comes every day, sometimes only every few days. Seems to be random what time it comes. Also it appears if the laptop is running on battery or plugged in.

Hope anyone can help me

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Swordmasteryan

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I have gone through your Post and would like to help.

As I understand, your HP Omen laptop screen suddenly get black and then maximum brightness randomly.

I have a few recommendations to fix this issue: 

• Update your Notebook computer to latest BIOS to F.31 from HP.COM.
  • If issue persist then try doing a Reset PC Keep my files inside windows. 

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.