Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15 ek0001nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, my brand new Hp omen 15 ek0001nt (PN: 3A693EA#AB8) has an issue. My control centre app is not working; I can't set up different profiles other than "default mode" and manual fan control does nothing. I tried uninstall/reinstall process couple of times but it didn't help...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@promonstera

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

To resolve these issues, perform the following procedures to troubleshoot the issues listed in the Description:

Procedure 1: Ensure the OMEN Command Center and OS are at the latest versions.

Step 1: Upgrade the OMEN Command Center and OS to the latest version.

1. Click the Search icon.
  2. Type Microsoft Store in the search field.
  3. Launch the Microsoft Store.
  4. Select Downloads and updates.
  5. Click Get updates. If there are OMEN Command Center or HP System Event Utility updates available, proceed and update them to the latest versions.

Step 2: Perform Windows Updates.

1. Click Start.
  2. Click the Settings icon.
  3. Select Windows Updates.
  4. Select Check for updates.
  5. Download and install all updates (a restart may be required).

Step 3. Check for driver and BIOS updates for your computer through the HP Support Assistant app, or from HP Customer Support - Products.

Procedure 2: Uninstall, then reinstall the OMEN Command Center.

NOTE: 

If the issue is not resolved by updating the OMEN Command Center and OS, perform the steps to uninstall, then reinstall the OMEN Command Center.

1. Click Start.
  2. Click the Settings icon.
  3. Select Apps.
  4. Locate the OMEN Command Center, and click Uninstall. Allow the uninstall process to complete (a restart may be required).
  5. Click the Search icon.
  6. Type Microsoft Store in the search field.
  7. Launch the Microsoft Store.
  8. Locate the OMEN Command Center.
  9. Select Get to re-install the OMEN Command Center.

Let me know how that pans out.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.