Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-dc1001nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone. 

I have problem with my brand new HP Omen. It tend to restart it self from time to time when it sit idle. Sometimes it boot back up normally sometimes like last time i had to manually shut it down and turn it back on. Its a shame for such a pricey laptop to behave like this. 

My config is 

Intel I7-8750H 

Nvidia RTX2060 6gb

8gb ram

256gb NVMe ssd

1TB hard drive

This is events in event viewer 

1. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xffff908f65368010, 0xfffff8012b6f8278, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 9e7e0654-54a0-4ae0-bea2-04e1c909d3f6. 
    With event id 1001
  2. The previous system shutdown at 1:49:24 PM on ‎8/‎6/‎2019 was unexpected. 
    Event id 6008 
  3. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Kernel-Power - level Critical 
    Event id 41 - task category 63 

Windows is up to date, all drivers and apps are up to date 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @electrash

Is the laptop getting overheated?

Does the laptop restart when you are on the BIOS page?

Try updating the BIOS and Graphic Power Control IC Firmware Update Utility to the latest version and check if it helps.

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Update the Graphic Power Control IC Firmware Update Utility using this link. Click Here

Try the steps recommended below.

1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + PauseBreak to open the System window.

2. Select Advanced system settings from the left column and the System Properties will pop up.

3. Choose Advanced tab and click on the button Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.

4. Disable Automatically restart under System Failure, and then click OK.

1. Right-click on the Start menu and select Power Options. You can also access to this by right click on the battery icon in the taskbar if you are using a laptop.

2. Click on the Change plan settings beside the current plan the PC is using.

3. Click on the Change advanced power settings.

4. Navigate to and expand the Processor power management.

5. Expand the Minimum processor state and set the values lower than 100%. And then click OK.

6. Modify the Put the computer to sleep setting when using power or battery. Set the time value between 1 minute and 5 hours.

7. Save the changes and reboot.

Also, try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are working fine.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunatelly your solution didnt work out .

But i narrowed down the problem, it seems problem happens when my PC should go to Sleep after 5min of idling.

I turned off auto restart option and when pc had to go to sleep display got turned off but keyboard stayed lit and pc wont respond to any key, mouse or anything. I had to manually force shutdown and then restart it 

HP Recommended

Hi! @electrash,

Thanks for writing back to us.

Did you update the drivers as suggested in my previous post?

Also, try the steps recommended below.

Start > Search bar > Type cmd (right click run as admin to execute Elevated CMD)

Elevated CMD should now be opened, type the following:

chkdsk x: /r

x implies your drive letter, so if your hard drive in question is letter c, it would be:

chkdsk c: /r

Restart system and let chkdsk run.

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.