Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kippOmen
Level 3
32 30 0 7
Message 51 of 65
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP has released a new bios on January 9, 2017 F.26 Rev A. This seems to correct an issue with SSD performance I can attest there is a marked increase. However there is still no effect on the game lag that is experienced with all but the original BIOS.

0 Kudos
Boyhowdy1
3 3 0 0
Message 52 of 65
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just got done txting with technical support and was told that my problem stems from upgrading windows 10 home 64 to windows 10 Pro 64. ????????? They said there are different video drivers ?????**bleep**?

0 Kudos
am1re
Level 3
34 24 0 10
Message 53 of 65
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Boyhowdy1They just do not want to do their job. It's useless. Try to call to Smart Friend Services (866)756-0309

0 Kudos
kippOmen
Level 3
32 30 0 7
Message 54 of 65
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you experiencing similar issues BoyHowdy??

0 Kudos
am1re
Level 3
34 24 0 10
Message 55 of 65
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omg, I found more than 20 topics with this problem.:smileysurprised: Look http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-OMEN-2016-THROTTLING-ISSUE-BI...

Sniperstorm2
Level 2
16 14 0 4
Message 56 of 65
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is my latest update.  Last night I updated the bios. It started to lag again. But......Today I am using my new 150w Power supply that HP send me and.......3 hours of Battlefield 1.....NO PROBLEMS!!!

am1re
Level 3
34 24 0 10
Message 57 of 65
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Congratulations ))
0 Kudos
kippOmen
Level 3
32 30 0 7
Message 58 of 65
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ Sniperstorm2

So, apperently you orderded your replacement part 3 days after I have and already recieved the part! I am thrilled that the community has been able to assist you in your effort to use your machine the way it was intended to be used. Unfortuantly, this shows the general lack of customer care that HP has for its consumers. Both am1re and I had been refered numerous times to pay SmartFriend to fix an issue that we clearly, and HP acknowledged over the phone to me, is a PART ERROR on THEIR end. And yet they insulted us and tried to gain even more money by refering to SmartFriend. Im still waiting on my part, and according to the repair site it is still pending shipment.

kippOmen
Level 3
32 30 0 7
Message 59 of 65
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recieved the ac adapter yesterday, finally. Unboxed it and immediately noticed, I was sent the wrong one!

Get real HP.. this is such a testimate to the lack of concern you genuinley do not have for the customer.

Now to wait another 2 weeks for the right part. That makes this computer 4.5 months of not be able to play games.

Absolutely disquisted with myself for purchasing HP. Should have spent the extra for a genuine gaming computer not this mess.

0 Kudos
kippOmen
Level 3
32 30 0 7
Message 60 of 65
Flag Post
HP Recommended

edit : double posted deleted

Recieved the correct adapter ahead of HP time frame, and prelimanary tests on latest BIOS F.26 Rev A show the lag is finally removed. Mind you, I only played through the Mad Max intro video and Skyrim SE Intro Scene but there was no unexpected FPS drops. Again, confirming... A 17-w033dx with an Nvidia 965M should have a 150W adapter for it to function properly.

I will actually be able to play through some of these games this weekend and will respond with further experience.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation