Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sniperstorm2
Level 2
16 14 0 4
Message 61 of 65
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am sorry to hear. I can tell you they will make it right. Just like you they people at HP are human and just like you they make a mistake now and then. Give them another chance. I started a chat session with HP support and let them know I had the wrong adapter for my computer and they just sent a new one out right away.
0 Kudos
Boyhowdy1
3 3 0 0
Message 62 of 65
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes. They also told me to call Smartfriend. I was also told I voided my software warranty by upgrading the Windows 10 home edition to Windows 10 Pro and I had to factory reinstall.

0 Kudos
trogne
Level 2
35 27 0 1
Message 63 of 65
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On my HP Omen, I have a i7-6700HQ, which is part of the 6th generation (not 7), and I have a NVIDIA 965M .

In the manual (http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05356862  , page 17), checkmarks indicate that I can have either a 120W adapter, or a 150W adapter.

But if you look on page 38, you'll see misleading info :

- 150 W PFC, Smart, slim, 4.5 mm (for use with products with NVIDIA N16E-GR (965M) or Intel 7th generation processors only)

- 120 W PFC, S-3P, slim, 4.5 mm (for use with products with NVIDIA N16P-GX only)

According to this page 38, my 965M needs 150W, but my Intel 6th (i7-6700HQ) needs 120W

FYI, my pc was shipped in august 2016 with a "120 W" adapter.

Since february 2017, my pc is more and more freezing and rebooting by itself.

My PC even crashed one hour after I restored from a system image back when my PC was working properly (december 2016).

LAmental
4 4 0 1
Message 64 of 65
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just wanted to thank you for your post.  Because of the info you provided, I was able to point the service rep to the specific pages of the Service Guide.  End result: they're shipping me a 150w power adapter.  (P.S.  My computer's still under warranty; I have a 3-year CarePack.)

0 Kudos
trogne
Level 2
35 27 0 1
Message 65 of 65
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Very important to all HP OMEN users :

It turns out that the problem was actually caused by the Hibernating mode messing up the memory.

DO NOT USE HIBERNATING MODE.  If you do, disable it !

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation