Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptops battery became quite swollen recently.  I removed it since I'd rather not that my laptop end up in flames.

The laptop warranty has expired, but the laptop is just over 2 years old and I do not always have access to an elecricity plug, so this does pose a problem for me.

Is there a "HP-official" way of me replacing my battery?  Does HP replace defect batteries like this?  I've attached images below.

20191223_121308.jpg20191223_125318.jpg20191223_125325.jpg 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I spoke to an HP representative and was provided a battery replacement.  Very professional and satisfactory solution.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@floksig

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello there, I just had the same exact situation happen to me. HP Omen 17-w295ms

A side-effect form the swelling seems to be that it damaged my SSD? I lost my boot drive and when I opened my laptop to re-seat the SSD, I noticed the battery had swollen. 

HP Recommended

Quick update on my situation - the M.2 SSD that was installed is not readable by any computer. Replacing the battery and M.2 hard drive was successful though.  Motherboard and all components seem fine. I'm currently pursuing a warranty claim against the SSD manufacturer as it was something I bought and installed rather than something that came with my laptop.

HP Recommended

I spoke to an HP representative and was provided a battery replacement.  Very professional and satisfactory solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.