Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 6 (443 Views)

HP Omen macros not performing function

Product Name: HP Omen
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My "p" keys on my HP Omen laptop are not performing some functions I have asigned to them. Basic ones work like ctrl+t and ctrl+tab, but others don't. When I try to assign ctrl+Windows key+ D, the button does not do what I have programmed it to do. The same happens when I try to do ctrl+Windows key+left/right arrows. So can someone please tell me how to make these functions work using the HP Omen Control software. Thanks

Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 6 (413 Views)

Re: HP Omen macros not performing function

A lot of the software for the Omen is still being updated, but this may be able to be fixed by installing the new System Seven Utility. It has fixed other compatability issues with the Control Centre.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-OMEN-15-5000-Notebook-PC/7281265/model/7592495

Quality Engineer - Workstations & RGS
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
Top Student
Message 3 of 6 (403 Views)

I installed the System Event Utility software a few days ago which fixed the Omen Control software being unresponsive. However the problem I posted earlier is still and issue even with updated drivers.

Master's Graduate
Message 4 of 6 (395 Views)

Ok thanks for the heads up.
Give us some time to work in it, as frustrating as it can be. Smiley Happy

We're digging into it. New OS's throw loops for us too sometimes. Smiley Happy
Quality Engineer - Workstations & RGS
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
Top Student
Message 5 of 6 (361 Views)

Has there been any progress on fixing the problem? Thanks.

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 6 of 6 (83 Views)

[ Edited ]

On another post I found the answer,
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/HP-OMEN-Control-Software-No-Longer-Works-After-Window...

@_gp

I ended up uninstalling the omen control center and then reboot the computer. Then I downloaded the Omen control Center software for 8.1 from the hp Software and Drivers page ( http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70894.exe ). This is an updated version of the Omen control center with a few new features [macros]. Much more funcional than before.

*** Don't try to install the one that is already on the computer. Download a fresh copy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation