Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I think that the Recovery Partition is quite big and does really take it's space on the 256GB SSD 😄

Furthermore i think it would be kind of strange if the Recovery partition fixes the Problem. That would mean that we would never be able to do a clean install of Windows 10. The only solution i could think of would be:

- Install the HP Image

- Upgrade to Windows 10

- Upgrade to the Windows 10 licence you want

The question if the recovery partition is the real "problem" still persists. If it does fix the problem, it is something SW and not HW related.

I'm just curious what would happen with a Transcend, Samsnung or whatever replacement SSD. Would they need the HP Image as well? Just what kind of "magic" is in there -.-

So nice to have the whole support of the HP Company behind us 😮

HP Recommended

I don't know for a fact if it fixes it or not.  Someone else is saying it's a temporary fix, however if I remember correctly, they used the Windows restore and not the official HP restore.  The HP restore brings the laptop to 100% stock, as if you just went to the store, bought it, took it home, and booted it up for the first time.  It even brought back some of the Omen wallpapers I deleted.  Like I said, if the issue comes back up I'll post about it.

But I honestly think it's a firmware issue with the SanDisk SSD, since I haven't heard anything from people using the 512GB Samsung version.

HP Recommended

I finally know that in the 512GB Version of the HP Omen the following SSD is included:

512GB Samsung XP941 SSD (M.2)

Which means that this is a AHCI Version (no NVMe, I asked the support if NVMe is supported in our BIOS, I will post his answer here). 

HP Recommended

All,

I spoke with the SSD engineering team and their conclusion of this issue occurred because of Windows power management setting(with PCIe SSD).  If you use HP's default setting (aka - HP Recommended), issue cannot be reproduced.  It kind of makes sense because when people performed a system recovery (F11), where all settings is restored as default, issue is not observed.  This would also explains the issue happen to folks who performed a clean install of Windows on their own; without HP Recommended power setting.

KEY Take-away:  At this point, there is no plan for any firmware release to resolve this issue.  The symptom is reported to Microsoft, but I doubt they would take much action....

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
HP Recommended

So - no fix? That's it? O_o

I installed the "System Default Settings for Windows 8.1" from HP, we all disabled PCIe Power savings in our power plans. But this is a huge no, no.

The "HP Recommended" power plan, installed with the "System Default Settings for Windows 8.1" does not work for the HP Omen. Is there an executable which provides support to add that Power Plan at least or is a new installation of Windows required? 

If you do not plan to FW Update, you could at least add a .exe with the default system settings.

@whoisAEK, could you be so nice and export your power plan?

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/75562-power-plans-export-import.html

I want to test if that is really the solution, right now - i can't believe it.

HP Recommended

I exported HP Recommended power plan setting from my OMEN (Win8.1), you can DL .pow file from below URL:

http://expirebox.com/download/ee3c043144955b89caebb19b6a281b6e.html

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
HP Recommended

While it sounds like a helpful solution (would love for someone else to try this to see if they get the same results) I'm not 100% convinced.  I sometimes ran Power User for times when I was DJing and still didn't have any problems until I did a clean install.

idk how to export my power settings but I haven't touched it except for not having the computer go to sleep plugged up for DJ reasons (obviously).  What I CAN do is switch to High Performance tomorrow and see if Error 129 comes back.  It's been two days since the full system restore from the recovery media I ordered and I have yet to have Error 129.

I will say this, almost all of the fixes for other systems actually involve modifying the power management settings for PCIe based SSDs, so even if I don't think  JJLuvzU is 100% correct, they're definitely on the right path as far as I'm concerned.

HP Recommended

Thank you @JJLuvzU for the exported Power Plan.

Sadly it didn't help at all, the 129 & 153 Error's are still there. So that can't be really the cause of the Problem. Why is there not a FW Update in the line... It's just annoying...

HP Recommended

UPDATE:

Switched to High Performance after coming back to my dorm.  Error 129 popped up for the first time in three days, and only when I switched to High Performance.  Going back to HP Recommended to see if it appears again.  If @JJLuvzU is correct, I shouldn't see the error again.

HP Recommended

I'm trying the .pow fix. Still errors with High Performance, 

BUT
I switched on "Hp reccomanded"  and It has been 10h since the errors disappeared.

Note that I have TWO "Hp recommended" settings available in my power scheme now.
One has "(recommended)" and one has not. I set the setting without "(recommended)".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.