Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen ce0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey. Me and my friend both have the same laptop, HP Omen. I have the better version, better graphics, cpu etc.

I have one big issue, when we turn our laptops on and immediatelly open the Omen Command Center, his GPU says 0% / Temp. : 0°C, while mine says 3 - 10% / Temp. : 40 - 55°C while doing literally nothing. Also my CPU temperatures are ridiculously high when I play games. (100% because of the GPU temperature affecting the CPU.) 

Can anybody help me?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @thekidadam 

the only things I can think of is to

1.  check the CPU usage in the Task Manager. Anything using too much resourse can be disabled.

2. Go into MSconfig and turn off unnessesary services that startup.

Have yo tried any of that yet?

HP Recommended

"Client Server Runtime Process" uses from 3% to 11%.

Also "System" and "Google Chrome". 

HP Recommended

A browser can use resources depending on what it has open at the moment and is normal.

On my systems, "Client Server Runtime Process" is at zero percent. Not sure what you have going on there.

Its been suggested that to stop csrss.exe from eating up resources, to create a new windows user account and delete the old one. You might end up having to do a factory reset and reinstall Windows if something is corrupt and cannot be found.

That's about all I can suggest for the temp issue at idle. What kind of temps are we talking about when gaming?

HP Recommended

When gaming, it ranges from around 75 to even 90 degrees. 

The main problem is the GPU being at 50 degrees when not gaming. That's not normal. My laptop just sits on my table and still has ridiculous temps. 

HP Recommended

Has it always been this way or happen after a recent update?

Clean installing the Nvidia driver may or may not help. Is it the latest? I would look at Nvidia's forum for any reported issues on that driver. There have been a few cases where downgrading a graphics driver helped what ever situation was caused.

If you have Nvidia's Experience installed, I would get rid of it.

Only other thing I could suggest is perhaps look into repasting the heatsink and make sure there isnt dust blocking the heat fins inside the shroud. I assume you are out of warranty now. If so,  I use Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut when pasting anything.

I have a desktop 1070 that idles at 47C and a laptop 1070 that idles at 40-43C  but I have not repasted either of them yet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.