Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen17 cb0090no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys,
I have a HP Omen17 i7 9750h with RTX 2070 max-p. I have all the new updates by HP, windows and Intel as of December 2020. I was trying to undervolt the CPU using the Omen Gaming hub which was just useless as it crashes every time I save the profile and also it just does not reflect anywhere the undervolting changes. I was then trying to undervolt using the throttlestop software, I was able to undervolt the CPU to stable state (-0.250V) with all core clock of 3.6 GHz under full load. The issue I saw was that my CPU was limited to 45W power and it was power throttling. Even though my gpu takes max of 120W power under full load and I have 230W power brick (110W power left for CPU). Is there any way to increase the PL1 and PL2 limit for the cpu?

Thankx in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

No . the CPU PL1 power limit is 45W, undervolting or other SW cannot do anything  to  improve the PL1 power limit. 

you can try performance mode in OGH ,it can improve the CPU power cap to 50W.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.