Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion gaming 15 - dk0132tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop encountered an NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE BSOD error during regular use. This problem appears very randomly but mostly when I connected to the internet through WIFI.

The Problem:

1.  Random Blue Screen Error when I use the laptop connected to the WIFI

2. The Blue Screen says NMI_HARDWARE_FAILOUR
2. The Error appears both in the working state and in the Idle state (Very randomly, 3-4 times a day)

3. No BSOD when using Ethernet / not connected to wifi

4. BSOD appear ONLY when I use wifi

Here are the Dump file Analysis Report of the last appeared BSOD Failure

* Bugcheck Analysis *

NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE (80)
This is typically due to a hardware malfunction. The hardware supplier should
be called.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000004f4454, 'TDO'
Arg2: 0000000000000000, Status Byte
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------

KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1

Key : Analysis.CPU.mSec
Value: 2015

Key : Analysis.DebugAnalysisProvider.CPP
Value: Create: 8007007e on HP-PAVILION-G15

Key : Analysis.DebugData
Value: CreateObject

Key : Analysis.DebugModel

Key : Analysis.Elapsed.mSec
Value: 2039

Key : Analysis.Memory.CommitPeak.Mb
Value: 77

Key : Analysis.System

ADDITIONAL_XML: 1

OS_BUILD_LAYERS: 1

DUMP_FILE_ATTRIBUTES: 0x8
Kernel Generated Triage Dump

BUGCHECK_CODE: 80

BUGCHECK_P1: 4f4454

BUGCHECK_P2: 0

BUGCHECK_P3: 0

BUGCHECK_P4: 0

BLACKBOXBSD: 1 (!blackboxbsd)

BLACKBOXNTFS: 1 (!blackboxntfs)

BLACKBOXPNP: 1 (!blackboxpnp)

BLACKBOXWINLOGON: 1

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

PROCESS_NAME: System

STACK_TEXT:
ffffba01`638a2b58 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx

MODULE_NAME: GenuineIntel

IMAGE_NAME: GenuineIntel.sys

STACK_COMMAND: .thread ; .cxr ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x80_4F4454_GenuineIntel_NOERRREC_IMAGE_GenuineIntel.sys

OSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64

OSNAME: Windows 10

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {d5ef3836-2107-b7ec-b4d4-4d2ae9fc0e02}

Followup: MachineOwner

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash Dump Analysis with WhoCrashed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sat 1/16/2021 8:07:19 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\011621-16546-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5780)
Bugcheck code: 0x80 (0x4F4454, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a hardware malfunction has occurred.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

What can be the possible reason and solution for this problem?
I'd really appreciate your help regarding this problem.  Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laptop's General specifications:

Device: hp pavilion gaming 15 dk0132tx laptop

CPU: Intel Core i5 9300H @ 2.40GHz [Coffee Lake 14nm Technology]

RAM: 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)

Chipset: Intel® HM370

Motherboard: HP 85FC (U3E1)

Graphics:

1. Intel UHD Graphics 630 (HP)
  2. 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (HP)

Storage: 512GB SanDisk SD7SB2Q-512G-1006 SATA - PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

Network Adapters:

1. Wireless = Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 5 Combo
  2. LAN = Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (20H2)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rafiqur-rahman

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8. (do not skip any troubleshooting steps even if you feel steps are repeating)

BIOS default:

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer. If the issue persists, follow the next steps.

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Echo_Lake

Glad you replied to my message!

These are the answers to your required details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Ans: NO, this is happening since the second day of purchasing this machine.
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Ans: NO. Just reinstalled windows quite many times but that does not solve the problem.
  • Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
  • Ans: Not Really. Just dis Rollback, Uninstall, Install quite a few times.

Did the steps you ask to perform in your last reply (Hard Reset, BIOS Default, BIOS Update) but the BSOD just appeared once again!

Additional Information to add:

1. I have tried to use a USB wifi adapter by disabling the integrated one from Windows Device Manager but the problem didn't go away.

2. Lastly I REMOVED the Original WIFI Card from my laptop and booted to windows without it. Attached a third-party USB WIFI dongle and used my laptop with it for around 2 hours then again the problem appeared!

What do you think can be the real cause of the problem?  I would really love to have a perfect solution from you.

Here is the last MEMORY.DMP & Minidump crash report I generate with WhoCrashed (If this help you to deep understand)

crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: pshed.dll (PSHED!PshedBugCheckSystem+0x10)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\pshed.dll
description: Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a hardware malfunction has occurred.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Minidump Analysis Report

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\012021-15750-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F5780)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Thanks & Best Regards

Rony

HP Recommended

@rafiqur-rahman

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. this sounds like hardware related issue with the computer and in order to fix this issue, your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.