Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15-CB091ND
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey, 

I have an issue with the temperature of my laptop, when i was on a previous version of the bios, everything was fine, the temperature was normal and the fan speeds was normal, now when i updated the bios the fan speed wasnt changing and it was constantly sitting around 58-70 degrees, while gaming it thermal throttles itself, same with gpu.

If you would know something about my issue then please let me know.

Regards,

Ayman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey,

I fixed the issue, I changed the thermal paste on it, the thermal paste that was applied on it, way to much was applied on it and it was a big chunky, so i changed it and i am getting normal temps now, but what i meant before is that when i turned off the laptop and then 1 hour later the issue wasnt there that it was overheating, it was sitting at normal temps and underload as well, but then when i turned it off and then the next day, it was sitting around 50 degrees constantly and then when i went into a game, it ramped up to 80 degrees and then it thermal throtled to 2.4 ghz, i fixed the issue, but i do still think the fans do not spin fast enough as when i was updating the bios, you could hear it going really fast while playing a game or bencharking it on cinnebench r20 did nothing

Thanks,

Ayman

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @AymanMen 

You didn't mention which bios you updated to? Is it currently F.40 ?

Its strange that the numbers jump from F.19 to F.40. IDK what is up with that.

I would try reverting back to the previous bios. This link will take you to the info for recovering a bios...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04126730

If it wont revert back, it probably isn't recoverable. Some bio's are locked in and not reversible after certain updates.

HP Recommended

Hey,

I will try reverting back to the old bios, I am currently on bios F.40 Rev.A

Regards,

Ayman

HP Recommended

Also, i noticed that when i turned of the laptop and then an hour later, the temps were fine, it was sitting around 37-45 i believe and rampted up to 65-72, when underload, so it might not be a bios issue, but i'll still try reverting back to my previous bios version

HP Recommended

Hey @Photoray002,

I tried reverting back to a previous version to my bios, when i tried the combination, i held the windows+B butten for a couple seconds and then pressed the power button for 3 seconds, when i did that it powered on with a black screen, it then turned it self off and then it turned on and prompted into windows.

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Ayman

HP Recommended

You said...

it was sitting around 37-45 i believe and ramped up to 65-72, when under load.

Under load like gaming or something else intense? If so, this is absolutely normal.

Did you follow step 3 completely?

3. Still pressing those keys, press and hold the Power button on the computer for 2 to 3 seconds, and then release the Power button but continue to hold the Windows and B keys until the BIOS update screen displays or you hear a beeping sound (usually 8 beeps).
note:
If the key presses do not work, press and release the Power button, and then immediately, press the Windows and B keys at the same time, repeatedly, until the computer beeps or opens the BIOS update screen.
The power LED light remains on, and the screen remains blank for about 40 seconds before anything displays on the monitor. You might also hear beeping sounds. Eventually, an HP BIOS Update screen displays and the BIOS update begins automatically.

If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, do one of the following depending on the condition:
  • Computer starts into Windows: The computer starts into Windows if the power button and keys are released too soon. Repeat the previous steps, holding the power button down for 2 or 3 seconds.

* After repeated attempts, the HP BIOS Update screen does not open: Your computer does not support this function or it has a hardware problem that is preventing the tool from opening.

If this occurs, I don't recommend trying to force reinstalling F.19 with USB. It might work, but it might cause your system to brick since something isn't right. I would just leave it alone at this point.

HP Recommended

Hey,

I fixed the issue, I changed the thermal paste on it, the thermal paste that was applied on it, way to much was applied on it and it was a big chunky, so i changed it and i am getting normal temps now, but what i meant before is that when i turned off the laptop and then 1 hour later the issue wasnt there that it was overheating, it was sitting at normal temps and underload as well, but then when i turned it off and then the next day, it was sitting around 50 degrees constantly and then when i went into a game, it ramped up to 80 degrees and then it thermal throtled to 2.4 ghz, i fixed the issue, but i do still think the fans do not spin fast enough as when i was updating the bios, you could hear it going really fast while playing a game or bencharking it on cinnebench r20 did nothing

Thanks,

Ayman

HP Recommended

Oh OK that was a little different explanation of the heat problem. Glad to hear changing the paste helped.

As far as the bios and fan speeds not spinning up, I cannot help with unless you are able to revert the bios.

Make sure your Omen Command Center is not set to comfort mode as that will affect fan speed somewhat also.

If you are still under warranty, you can still contact support and see what they will do.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.