Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-ec1234ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello HP community,

I ordered an Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 M.2 non vPro WLAN card to upgrade my HP Gaming Notebook HP Pavilion - 15-ec1234ng.

After having built in this card, Windows 10 does not recognize an installed WiFi card anymore. An unknown bluetooth device was found. That's why I installed the AX210 driver from the Intel website. After having installed the driver, the bluetooth device seems to be installed correctly but still no Wifi device is found.

My question: Can the AX210 WiFi card be used with my notebook? What has to be done?

Thank you very much in advance for all help in this case!

Kind Regards

Timo

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi, Timo:

If that happened to you, the notebook must have a BIOS whitelist that prevents an unsupported wifi card from working.

Since HP only has the service manual for the older models in the series on your notebook's support page, I don't know what cards are supported.

HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec1000 Laptop PC series Manuals | HP® Customer Support

The product specs for your notebook indicate that it came with the Realtek RTL8822wifi adapter with two antenna wires.

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to take a gamble on this card...

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005

The above card is the same one that HP installed in my 15-ee047nr notebook that has the AMD Ryzen™ 5 4500U processor.

You should be able to find the card on eBay.  Search by the HP part number, not the model of the wifi card.

You can also buy it directly from HP.  It might be easier to return if for some reason it doesn't work.

HP Shop für Ersatzteile - HP Computerteile - HP Druckerteile - Compaq Ersatzteile

HP Recommended

Thank you @Paul_Tikkanen for your answer!

Ok, maybe I'll buy the Intel AX200 to check it out. I also tried to use the Killer AX1650, but no success. 😞

I hoped to have no whitelist on this notebook, since Windows 10 started after installing the AX210.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, some models still have whitelists and some don't.

Since HP does not release any of that BIOS whitelist information, all we can rely on are folks that try to upgrade wifi cards in various notebooks and report the outcome.

So, if you decide to upgrade the card, please post back and let us know if it worked or not.

HP Recommended

Ok, I'll let you know, if I have any additional information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.