Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15t-cx0000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

I purchased an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop about two and a half years ago (which means that sadly, yes, my laptop is out of its factory warranty), and after daily use through school and attempting to find work, the hinge has almost completely broken. I do not close the laptop anymore out of fear that the screen (or anything else, really) will break. I have taken the utmost care of this laptop--carrying it in its own bag, being as gentle as possible with it, and I have never dropped it or anything like that, and the hinge all of a sudden just made a loud noise upon closing the computer. This has been an issue for about a month, and now the bezel has started to peel away from the screen, which is worrying me even more. After some digging, it seems like this is a very, very common problem for this model, and that is absolutely outrageous.

I am even more upset about this problem given that I had to send this computer back to HP as soon as I received it about three times before my original issue was correctly diagnosed and fixed. My original issue: upon receiving this computer, it would work for a handful of days, then the hard drive would corrupt itself, leading me to wipe the drive entirely and reinstall Windows many times. It took HP support around three different attempts to actually fix this. And when they finally sent it back with a working hard drive, one of the fans was making a loud grinding noise it had never made before, and I had to replace it on my own since I did not want to send the computer back for a fourth time. I was furious originally, but I was just glad to get my computer in time for school once it was finally fixed for good so my anger faded. But now that another issue has arisen, my anger from that situation is flooding back. After paying upwards of $1000 for a product, I should not be met with so many issues upon receiving it and after treating it like it's my baby for the last two years (I say two now instead of two and a half, since that's how long I've been using it as a daily driver, considering I had to send it back to HP so many times upon initially receiving it).

I would love to talk to an HP Support representative regarding my laptop and getting this repaired, as I am not confident in handling this big of a repair on my own, and frankly, I should not have to if this is some kind of manufacturing defect, which it seems to be.

I hope all of you reading this have been staying safe during COVID and continue to stay safe going forward. Have a great day, all.

Zack

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @junk0,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.