Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15 with i7-9750h and 1660ti max-q. I have a question if the temperatures during gaming are not too high:
- processor 90 C
- PCH 80 C
- graphic card 75 C

Thanks in advance for the answer.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Tom_ash Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the temperature goes high while playing the games.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution; 

When was the last time it worked without these issues (date)? 

Which games are causing these issues and are they online games or installed on your PC? 

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on HP Forums? 

What is the product number of your computer? (Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..). 

  

In the meantime, you may try the below steps, as even if the game is compatible with your system hardware it may have a slow performance because you are using the windows 8, 8.1 or 10 as the OS uses most of the CPU & graphics card usage, you might want to reduce the visual effects for windows to save the amount of CPU & Graphics card usage required to run your game properly. 

  

Here's how you do it: 

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings. 

• Type performance > choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.  

• In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance. 

• click Apply and ok...this should do the trick. 

If the issue persists, The best way to resolve the issue is to follow the suggestions of the HP Guided Troubleshooter:  

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern). 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

When was the last time it worked without these issues (date)?  - I have this laptop from 3 weeks and temperature is always same.

Which games are causing these issues and are they online games or installed on your PC?  -  I play games only installed on laptop like Monster Hunter World, RDR2, Tomb Raider.

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on HP Forums? - I was trying undervolting -110mV and it's little better and I saw when I have power mode "Better batteries" temperature is lower on CPU, but on PCH I think is still to high ~75 C. On power mode "highest performance" when laptop CPU use turbo boost the temperature was as I wrote above in the post or sometimes higher (CPU 90 C).

What is the product number of your computer? (Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..).  - 7SG48EA#AKD

Edit:

And very strange for me is why laptop have on CPU ~50 C when I do nothing on it and PCH have 50-55 C, GPU 45-49 C. Further why under LCD screen where is logo HP the casing is very warm?

HP Recommended

@Tom_ash

Thank you for the update.

I have a few steps to resolve this issue:  

Symptoms of heat issues and causes of excessive heat  

The following list describes some of the issues caused by overheating in the notebook:  

• Games stop responding during play.  

• Windows stop responding during use.  

• Fans inside the notebook become louder because they are spinning faster as the laptop gets hot, to remove the heat.  

• When starting the laptop, it sometimes stops at a black screen and does not open into Windows. Windows usually stop responding when it does open.  

The following list describes some causes of excessive heat:  

• Dust inside the laptop.  

• A new component, such as a hard drive, is added. The extra component causes the power supply to work harder and generate more heat. Extra heat also radiates off the new component and adds to the temperature inside the case.  

• Over time, some cooling fans might slow down and wear out, as the laptop is getting hot, depending on the usage of the laptop.  

• High ambient room temperature.  

Step 1: Removing dust and lint by cleaning vents  

Step 2: Ensuring proper space for ventilation  

Step 3: Updating the BIOS  

Step 4: Using HP CoolSense technology  

Step 5: Placing the notebook in a cooler room  

Step 6: Testing for hardware failure  

If the hardware has failed, capture the failure ID and revert for further assistance.  

If the Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal: Click here for more details. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.