Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming dk0005nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Okay. So, this is the third time I am writing for this issue. This time, I am pretty certain that it is not something with my laptop. Because I checked everything (literally everything) but nothing seems to have changed since I have posted my first two questions. A couple of days ago HP released a BIOS for my laptop. That also didn't help with anything that's performance-related. My hard drive speed is okay. Nothing is running in the background while I am gaming. I tried formatting- cleaning up my computer, checking the health of my hard drive and SSD, monitored everything, temps are fine. So eventually. the computer is great in theory. However, when I enter a game, I want to get rid of this computer because it takes too long. I recorded a video about my issue. You can take a look at it. And hopefully, an experienced HP employee will come up with a proper solution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1dqVecIa3I

Oh and another thing. I also found out some people having the same problem on the Turkish forums. So far, I am dealing with this issue since 9 months or so. I own this computer since more than one year. Thank you for your help and interest.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@EmreY 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06431083

It only has 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB) and 128 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD

Your machine may load more than you need depending on software on your machine (which I don't know) therefore it does not have enough RAM to load and the hard drive is too small to swap.

My suggestion: increase RAM to 32GB and storage to 256GB or more (1TB or 2TB)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello sir, thank you for your kind and quick answer. But I am sure that the issue is not about the 8 GB ram and storage itself. Because when I first owned the computer, everything was fine for the first 3 months. I could play the games I cannot play right now due to severe graphical issues and fps drops. Everything started with a bunch of updates HP offered to me. After formatting, I started to install the game on the video I shared but nothing changed...  So I also think that it is not an issue that is connected with the software installed on my computer.

HP Recommended

++

HP Recommended

+++

HP Recommended

+++

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.