Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop - 16-a0032dx
Microsoft Windows 11

bought an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop - 16-a0032dx this year and the battery is only lasting about 2 hours. When I first bought it, I was able to get 4-6 hours. I did the diagnostics and all came back 'passed'. What could be causing the battery to lose power so quickly?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@seoffen, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Please find the document for the HP Battery Life       

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

There can be a lot that can drain your battery try checking your device manager to see if your missing any drivers also what os  are you using? Windows 10 or 11? Is it a fresh install   (you down loaded windows and wipe the drive)    or factory install ( did not wipe drive , using factory install os).
I got a max battery run time with this laptop of 16hrs! But realistically/normal use it was around 6-8 hrs. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.