Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0153tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an issue connecting my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 via the USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 port using a USB Type C to USB Type C cable.

I have tried using multiple different usb c to c cable, Anker Thunderbolt 3 cable, Anker 60 W Usb 2.0 Type C to Type C cable & some other type c to c cable, all without success.

When I connect the phone and laptop, i keep hearing disconnecting and reconnecting notification sounds from the laptop and it does not and will not stop.  I have tried updating all drivers via Intel's driver update utility, but still facing the same issue.

May I know if there is anyway to solve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Don't know if I can help as I don't have a Samsung phone.

Did you have the adapter that came with the phone and its not working? 

Were the other brands of cables just cables or OTG USB adapters?

If not, I believe you need an OTG USB-C adapter, not a hub or plain cable. You would plug the OTG adapter into the phone, then whatever USB cable from the laptop, to the other end of the OTG adapter.

If you already used one and no joy, go into the Device Manager in the laptop.

Go to view and enable "Show Hidden Devices".

Scroll down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand it.

With the phone unplugged, find all of the greyed out devices and delete them (right click on them and choose Uninstall). You can safely delete any of the other USB devices needed that are not greyed out also.

Reboot the laptop. Try the phone again.

If neither work, Im not sure whats wrong.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply, I just tried that but without success 😞

I have the OTG and USB 2.0 Type C cable that came along with it, but I wish to utilize the usb c port on my laptop for faster file transfer speed.

HP Recommended

You do realize your USB-C port on that Pavilion is no faster than the USB 3.1-gen1 type A ports are, correct?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-15-cx0000-laptop-pc/20284020/model/22909973/...

If the USB-C port wont cooperate, there might be a protocal that HP might not have implemented for that model. Did you try an OTG  USB 3 type C adapter to a USB 3 type A  adapter and use a USB 3 cable to the laptop? That is the only other thing I can suggest.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.