Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, I've had this laptop for less than a year and its been blue-screening every so often, each time with a different error especially when gaming.

Errors that have appeared include:

FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Other issues that I notice are, really high RAM usage even when I'm only running a single tab in Firefox. Or games crashing every few hours.

I've ran disk checks, updated drivers that I know how to update, deleted external anti-malwares and it keeps happening.

I'm not sure if a factory reset would help at this point.  A sibling of mine has a similar laptop, a slightly older model, but has never had any issues. I don't believe I use my laptop any more recklessly or more often than them...

Any help would be very appreciated. Thankyou!

If theres any other information needed, I'll do my best to provide.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Rei02 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting a blue screen error.

Do not worry I will try to fix the issue.

In that case, I would suggest you perform the system reset and check.

If the issue still persists, perform the system recovery

Note: performing the system recovery, you will lose the personal data and installed application.

Please take the backup before performing the system recovery.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I have reset the C Drive, reinstalling Windows.

Although it seems to have solved some issues, it still bluescreens with the UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION error. 

Other errors that have I  previously encountered have not appeared so far. 

HP Recommended

@Rei02

I understand your concerns.

Please perform the hard drive test and let us know the result.

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  

3) Press F2 once.  

4) Go to the Component test.  

5) From the list, run the Hard Drive (extensive) test.  

Please let us know the result.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.