Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,
I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop and I use it all the time with power supply to game and work for school. It already had an issue where it stopped charging for a moment eventhough it was plugged in (which dropped the fps to 30 while gaming). That aside, today when unplugging my laptop to take it somewhere, it shut down instantly. I tried turning it on without the power supply but that didn't work. When I turn it on with power supply, it says it's at 100% charge (it says: Fully charged). My brother already had this issue with the exact same model of laptop and now I've stumbled upon this issue as well.
What can I do to fix this? I need the laptop to study...

Thank you for your time.
Josse

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@peerj

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is shutting down when you unplug the charger.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager.

Here is how you do it.

Step 1: Click the Windows “Start” button and right-click “Computer.”

Step 2: Click “Manage,” then “Device Manager.”

Step 3: Click the “Batteries” section. A list of devices will appear.

Step 4: Right-click the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” device and click “Uninstall.”

Step 5: Click the “Action” menu item and “Scan for Hardware Changes” to reinstall the driver.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm sorry for replying so late. The log in page wasn't accessible the moment you answered my thread.

I updated my BIOS, tried plugging out the power, but the laptop shut off.
After that, I tried reinstalling the `Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery`, restarted and tried plugging out the power again, but the laptop shut off again.
Since then, I have just kept using it while plugged in. I don't know what else to do to try to resolve this issue.

Thanks for the reply anyway. 🙂

HP Recommended

@peerj

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and run a test on the battery.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04700771

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick response. I followed the steps on the site you gave. I tried both "Test the battery using HP Hardware Diagnostics (preferred method)" and "Test the battery using HP Support Assistant". Unfortunately, both tests told me my battery was fine. the test using HP Hardware Diagnostics returned these details (sorry for the bad format):

CeementBatteryCheckResult: 11 DevicesSupported: 1 DeviceCount: 1 Primary_ACPowerOn: True Primary_ACAdapterOk: True Primary_TestresultString: OK Primary_DesignCapacity: 4550mAh Primary_FullChargeCapacity: 3915mAh Primary_RemainingCapacity: 3915mAh Primary_MaxError: 1 Primary_CycleCount: 90 Primary_Voltage: 12756mV Primary_Current: 0mA Primary_DesignVoltage: 11550mV Primary_Status: 240 Primary_CellVoltage1: 4242mV Primary_CellVoltage2: 4258mV Primary_CellVoltage3: 4256mV Primary_CellVoltage4: 0mV Primary_SerialNumber: 01218 05/28/2018 Primary_ManufacturerName: 333-2B-4B-A Primary_BatteryCTNumber: 6GXKA01TZAW0RS Primary_Warranty: 3 Primary_CalibrationType: 3 Primary_ChargeControl: Failed Primary_TempCharge: True Primary_ChargeTest: False Primary_ChargeCapacity: 86 Primary_TempAlarm: False Primary_DeepDischarge: False Primary_FullCharge: True Primary_FullChargeStatus: True Primary_BatteryCharge: False Primary_DesignCycleCount: 1000

Do I still have to try the other methods or do they all accomplish the same thing?
Thank you for your time 🙂

HP Recommended

@peerj

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

For those of you having the problem of a HP laptop shutting off when you unplug the charger and your battery is fully charged, I can help you. There is nothing wrong with the laptop, Kroger E schedule Online 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.