Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-dk0068wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I don't know when or how it happened but I can't charge my laptop without getting an error saying "incompatible power source".  Although my computer is still able to charge, it's still affecting my performance even though it is the original power source that was packed along side the computer. I uninstalled my battery drivers, did a power reset and reset my BIOS to default settings but it's still having the same issue. I haven't gotten a new charger yet and I don't have any other chargers to test whether or not if it's the port or a circuit issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I figured it out, the middle prong inside the connector was bent which prevented it from entering the small port hole inside the charger port, readjusting it to the middle solved the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I figured it out, the middle prong inside the connector was bent which prevented it from entering the small port hole inside the charger port, readjusting it to the middle solved the issue.

HP Recommended

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.