Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion gaming - 15-ec0100nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening, 

I use my laptop mostly for gaming at home, i have the charger always plugged in for the best performance for gaming. But recently it started slowing down a lot, this happens only when it is on the charger. The moment i take it of the charger it goes back up to 2.2 GHZ. I checked my power options settings, updated my BIOS and drivers, aswell as some other solutions people with the same problem have. None of those options seem to work. I'm sure the problem is not with my charger beceause it works fine on my other HP laptop. 

Sorry if i'm not clear enough, please ask to elaborate if i need to.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Hyakinthos 

I don't know if I can help, I'll offer what I can.

Sounds like maybe its overheating and throttling.

Is the slowdown occurring during High CPU demand? In other words when gaming for example?

What is the CPU temperature when this starts?

If you have the Omen Game Hub installed, it might tell you your temps. Or you can install a program like HWMonitor to see the real time temps.

HP Recommended

Hi,

no that is the weird thing, just looking at my homescreen and plugging in the charger makes it go slower instantly. 

i checked the tempatures and those are all around 18 degrees and gets up to 30 when i play a game. I did always use it while charging, could that be a problem?

HP Recommended

Wait, 18 and gets up to 30? What are you looking at that's telling you that? That's too low.

Can you provide a screen shot of the temps?

Maybe with both battery and without if you can.

Use the Windows Snipping Tool if you know how.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.