Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Gaming Laptop with a i5-8300H and 1050 it gets so hot when playing games, I can’t rest my hands on the palm rest unless I want them burned. Also the speaker grill gets so hot I can’t touch it or I will be burned. My warranty is up so I can’t get it repaired.  Also I have done no modifications.

thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

What are your CPU/GPU temperatures while gaming and idle?

Are the fans spinning full speed?

Is the laptop clean? (no dust in the fans etc..)

i5-8300H goes up to 4.00 ghz, base clock being 2.30 ghz.

What is the cpu speed while gaming and idle?

HP Recommended

When idling it says 28% utilization in task manager and the clock speed is at 3.97 GHz and the utilization number changes a lot. It goes from 20 to 80 to 50% and The only program I have open is Task Manager.

When gaming it says 80% utilization in the clock speed is at 2.91 GHz.

also the graphics card is at 96°C

thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.