Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion gaming laptop 15-dk0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with some games that just don't want to use the Nvidia GTX 1050 card. I have tried everything for GTA V to run with the dedicated Nvidia chip but always fail.

For starters I assigned the GTA .exe files to the Nvidia control panel to use the high performance card, but it did not work.

Then I tried to do it by right clicking on the program to run it with that card. But it gave me an error, since the Epic games launcher only accepts that you run the game from the launcher...

I have also set the Nvidia dedicated card as default in the global settings of the Nvidia control panel, without any results.

I have tried with the laptop plugged into the electric current, and disabling power saving settings, also without any results.

I have updated the drivers and neither.

I have tried to run it from the Nvidia launcher (Geforce experience), but I still have no results, the GPU is always at 0% when playing GTA V, the performance is deplorable, it is unplayable.

The Epic Games technical service says that it is not their problem, that it must be the game or the hardware / software of my computer.

Another problem I have is with Halo MCC that I play from steam, because although I establish that the game uses the dedicated card, it uses both, and in fact, it uses more the integrated Intel, obviously this results in performance problems.
In some games I cannot use the dedicated card and in others I can hardly use it, since it never goes over 30% while the integrated one from Intel always goes to 100% or very close. I'm afraid this will affect the life of the computer because the CPU almost always goes to the limit while the Nvidia GPU is almost new.
It is sad that since I bought the computer I cannot enjoy a single title without suffering technical performance difficulties, because the computer refuses to run the programs as indicated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@omargabagu

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like the windows operating system is not installed correctly due to that computer is not booting into windows desktop. 

The last thing I can suggest trying to restore computer back to the factory settings. Performing an HP system recovery (Windows ) While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.