Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
pavillion gaming laptop 15-cx0058wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Getting error, 0xc0000185.  no bootable hard drive.  Before we get started, I am A+ certified for PC/Hardware repair.  Ive powered down, and restarted until I am blue in the face.  Ive ran all internal machine checks, both quick checks and long.  All hardware checks "ok" except hard drive.  "NO HARD DRIVE FOUND TO BOOT FROM."  System Logs: 03F0, multiple times.  I just purchased this unit from wolly-world at the end of September 2019, as this was a present for my Wifes BirthDay.  Again, everything is checking good minus the HARDDRIVE.  Per an assist from a live rep that gave the ok to remove my back cover, I have reseated the hard drive and the hard drive cable is good and making connection to the hard drive.  I will assume this error is due to a bios error, or a windows update that fugged up my wifes PC.  No where on this box, inside the box, or the board shows the Windows 10 key....The virtual assistant, also says that my warranty ran out in jan 2020....  How does my "1yr warranty" from HP run out....if ive only owned the product for 7 months?  I am the sole and only owner.  I do not work in the PC world anymore but I do keep up my A+ certification for no other reason to say I have it.  I do however, build custom PC's on the side when one is needed by friends/family members.  This has me stumped though.  Please someone help me out before I have to drop $$$ on a 1tb BarraCuda Pro HDD, and a copy of Windows 10.  Not to mention the time I am going to be wasting leaving horrible reviews for those involved.  Everyone else in the World starts their warranty coverage on the day of purchase as long as it can be proven, which I can prove.  Surely HP doesn't start their warranty on the day they make the laptop?...…  HELP !

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Corpzkiller,

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience.

If you believe that your warranty start date or warranty coverage duration is incorrect, please use the instructions here to dispute your warranty. You will need your proof of purchase. 

If you are still having issues with the warranty or if you are experiencing issues disputing the warranty, I will ask someone to escalate your concern.

Kind regards,

Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Hi, @Corpzkiller 

Ever since W8 came out, Microsoft has required PC manufacturers (HP, Dell, Lenovo, et.al.) to put the Windows product key in the BIOS.

No more product key stickers, which is why you can't find the key. 

It is not needed to reinstall Windows, so definitely don't go out and waste your money buying a new copy of W10.

I can't help you with why the hard drive isn't showing up.

I suggest that you make the bootable USB recovery media using the HP cloud recovery tool to reinstall W10.

You will need another working Windows PC and a 32 GB USB flash drive for this purpose.

Here is an info link for how to use the utility...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

HP Recommended

Hello EddyK! and thx for the speedy response !!!

I will def check into this now and start this process as a last resort.  Since most are at home considering the current events, my wife also works from this laptop, so time is also a matter for thought.  I will def keep updates on the warranty issue, but any other tests, etc that I may have over looked will be appreciated.  I would much rather download/update the bios if it saves some downtime for warranty repairs.  thanks in advance !!

HP Recommended

I have submitted my request/plea, for the incorrect warranty coverage times.  Anyone know roughly how long this process takes, factoring in the current events?  I purchased my Laptop from W****mart.c*m, so when I picked it up from my local store, there was no sales receipt; just a box.  I was however able to take a SNIP of my account details for the purchase, showing the day/date/etc of when I purchased it.  There was also an order #, which I would assume could be used to confirm the same.  Should this be enough to get an approval for the correct warranty dates?  Purchased in Sept 2019, so I should have 4-5 mo's left on the warranty.  Thanks in advance!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.