Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion

I own a HP Pavilion,and for some reason i always had a popup and ignored it every time i plugged it in.It started to get really annoying.I started to Game that is why i bought it and it was not cheap !
So i tried buying a new charger,and still the same popup comes and my CPU falls drasticly 

What can i do ? I dont want to spend any more money on this 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Serpent_Five Welcome to HP Community!

I understand you keep getting HP smart adapter pop up on your PC and you need to know how to disable the pop-up.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes to your PC?

Have you tried checking with a different adapter?

As you mentioned you keep getting HP smart adapter pop up on your PC and you need to know how to disable the pop-up.

Try the steps recommended below to disable the HP smart adapter pop up notification.

In the search window on your PC open the following location and delete the files listed.

1- C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch

2- Delete file HP CnbToaster.dll

3- Delete file HPUSRMSG.exe

4- Delete file HP Smart Adapter Help

Also, try the steps recommend below.

Double-click the HP Support Assistant on your desktop to launch the program, then click "Settings" in the bottom left corner of the window.

In the Choose how you would like to be notified section, you can change the following settings:
To display a notification icon in your taskbar, click Display an icon in your taskbar. The icon will change, based on the type of message or update.
To display pop-up notifications for important messages, click Display pop-ups for important messages that required immediate attention.
To display pop-up notifications for important warranty messages, click Display pop-ups for important warranty status messages.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps  I would suggest you uninstall the Quick Launch software from the control panel and install the latest version using HP support assistant.

Refer to this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

The problem is i have no folder that has the name HP Quick Launch.But i have everything till there 

And i did nothing to the preformance its all stock.

HP Recommended

@Serpent_Five

I understand your concerns.

Please perform the system reset and check for the issue.

Have a  nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.