Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

It is really sad that HP doesn't get there HP products working together. Does anyone out there have a solution until now?

HP Recommended

Any success? 
My early 2019 model stopped working too. Now i ordered the gen10 version in hope that it will work but no i fear it won't.

Why does not HP want to incite people to upgrade their laptops to newer ones?

HP Recommended

Hi, I have replaced my HP Omen Accelerator with the brand new Razer Core X Chroma. This eGPU from Razer works seamlessly with my 13-aw0031ng.

Razer is simply better than HP.  😉

HP Recommended

Hi,
Exactly the same issue here, could not solve. Here is some observation which might help. As I used another laptop which works with the Accelerator, I compared the settings of Thunderbolt Controller Driver. I do notice something wired. In the Thunderbolt Control Center, the "Security Level" is awkwardly missing ( checked my other laptop as well as screenshots online, all detail pages show the "security level" information ), nor can I find it in BIOS settings. With my previous laptop, I did went to BIOS and altered the security level to "User Authentication" and grant the access in Windows before I can use the accelerator. Does anyone have the same problem?

I found the security level setting suspicious due to this help document as well: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06383177/

Guuuuuu_0-1585502592358.png

Update:

Tried to connect the device with Accelerator under Linux. Same outcome. Not detected as Thunderbolt device yet showed charging. Seconds later Accelerator shut down, Linux showed not connected to AC. Repeat.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.