Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V8Z7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

My laptop charge always shows 99%.

It stays on at 99% for 5-6 hours, then suddenly gets switched off without a battery low notification.

I checked the battery level using the System Diagnostics tool available during BIOS boot.

Even over there, it still shows 99%, although it says that the battery is healthy

• "Battery Check: Primary - OK"
  • "Battery Status: OK(1)"

What could be the issue? 

This is a new laptop. This has gone through 3-4 such cycles of charge and discharge, meaning calibration might not be the issue.

Could this be a hardware issue? (related to battery charge-level measurments)

If so, how should I verify this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @GokulNC 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

First, let's start with simple tests....

(1) Open windows <device manager> and uninstall "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

- Right click on "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"

- Click "Uninstall device"

- Confirm your choice if you see a popup notification

ub6424_1-1660751670612.png

(2Reboot notebook

( "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" will be automatically installed )

(3) Check battery status

(4) Please report your results

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.