Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion aw002la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer shutted off by itself giving the code 90D due to overheating. I have cleaned the fans and tried to update the bios/uefi. The problem is that when it starts updating the bios the fan goes very loudly and in the middle of the process it shuts off again so I cannot update it (thank god it can recover the previous bios). Is there another form to update the bios? (that seems to be the problem)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@abanslash

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion 15-aw002la laptop and it overheated and shutdown after displaying an error code: 90D. I read that you tried to update the BIOS and the fan made a loud noise and shutdown in the middle of the BIOS update and the BIOS update did not complete. You have cleaned the fan also. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Are you trying to perform the same BIOS update as shown in this link?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Power off the laptop.
  • Remove the battery out.
  • Disconnected AC adapter from the laptop.
  • Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
  • Reconnect the battery and plug the AC adapter.
  • Power ON the laptop.

If the laptop continues to overheat and fan makes a loud noise then I suggest you to perform the steps from this link

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.