Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chιpshot
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP laptop max ram supported (GB and Mhz)

OMEN 15-dc1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i am trying to find out what's the maximum ram size i can use on my laptop and on what frequency.I m using one stick 8 GB right now and it says 2666 Mhz.Can i use higher freq rams?and cap size in gbs?thanks a lot
Specs i7 8750 rtx2070mq 

2 REPLIES 2
Level 15
Level 15
10,808 10,624 1,085 3,115
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello @Chιpshot 

Your manual Page 2 says 32GB of total memory at 2666Mhz. You cannot go above that as HPs have a locked non overclockable bios. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06219881

If you install another 8GB stick with the current one, you must match all the timings and voltage exactly or you could run into issues. Even then, sometimes one MFGs ram might not play well with the HP stick. HPs can be particular.

The only way to know what your existing timings are, is to run a tool like CPUz.

mem timings cpuz.JPG

So far, Ive had users report problems with Kingston and Corsair ram not cooperating well with an Omen. But I have not seen issues with Crucial's ram. So I have been only recommending them as they have a 100% guarantee. You can choose to add to the existing stick, but its a better chance of no issues if you buy a whole new matched pair. Its up to you.

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/hp-omen-15-%28models-15-dc1000---d...

Let me know if you have other questions.

Chιpshot
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Everything is clear now,thanks for your time and answer !

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation