Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently bought this compter around 3 months ago (HP omen 15T) and it just will not run any games. The only game that is capable of running is Minecraft. I tried playing games such as r6, arma 3, fortnite, COD, and gmod on the lowest possible settings and they still don't run well. On rainbow six I played with the lowest settings and every time I got into a gun fight the game froze or had very low FPS. It takes a very long time to close or open an application or game. This computer had great reviews and was said to be able to run most triple A games. My computer is also very slow while doing anything like opening a browser or using the "Type here to search" bar. I was wondering if maybe I got a faulty computer? Help?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Cooper0420 

You might have, its possible. Did it run slow out of the box or did it only recently start this?

If recently, it might be something that was downloaded or an update also.

When you first press the power button to turn it on, rapidly tap the F2 key to boot into the UEFI Diagnostics. Run the Extensive Tests for everything. Make sure the power cord is plugged in.

If there is a hardware issue, the test will "usually" find it.

let me know what you find.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, The computer was slow after the first week, it started once i got minecraft and had a downfall from then. I have just started the extensive test and will tell you what it says.

HP Recommended

I ran the extensive test and it said everything was in perfect condition.

HP Recommended

OK, if it did, it would have made things much easier.

Its still possible a hardware issue though.

Have you looked into the Task Manager to see if any service in particular was eating up resources?

You've updates all the drivers also and updated all the MS updates available?

To  do that, go to Windows updates and click the Check for Updates button, even if it shows its already up to date.

Reboot.

If none of that works, you might have to ultimately resort to clean reinstalling Windows, before contacting HP for a warranty issue.

HP Recommended

I have updated my drivers and checked task manager and nothing in particular has been using up a lot of resources. I have the most recent update of MS installed and the computer still runs at an awful speed. Just recently i tried to use MS Word and it crashed every time. I will also note that my computer has no spyware, malware, or any viruses on it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.