Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15 -dc0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The keyboard lighting was functioning properly before, but recently I was trying to put white on all sections of the keyboard.
While the left section was white the right and middle section showed yellow color even though I selected white for all. 
The same thing is happening if I choose any other color for all sections, somehow the hue is not right.

Attaching images to show the example of all white colors for keyboard lighting.

Omen Command Center settingsOmen Command Center settings

how keyboard shows white color #1how keyboard shows white color #1

how keyboard shows white color #2how keyboard shows white color #2

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Wingiee 

Looks like your machine does not have Lighting option/feature which is available on machines which have 4-zone colors keyboard

light colors.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhein

No I do have 4 zones if you see the screenshot that I sent in the bottom it says "Select a zone to begin".

If I click on "Restore Defaults", I will get the following:

2020-04-17.png

The example in the original post that I was showing was selecting all 4 zones and making them white, While the left zone and "WASD" zone is white, center and right zones show yellow color on the keyboard (as also shown by the images)

Best,

Owais

HP Recommended

@Wingiee 

The OCC Menu layout of your machine is totally different, why ! I don't know.  Please use Windows Store to update OCC. Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It is different because I am already using the latest one. I see in your screenshot that you are using OCC v.9.2.6.0 while I am already on v.10.0.8.0
Check on bottom left of the applicationCheck on bottom left of the application

Maybe you can try updating your OCC from windows store.

But still this doesn't resolve my problem.

HP Recommended

@Wingiee 

Sorry, I used old image to post. Yes, the new menu is not the same. I did post: I only use my Omen once or twice a month to work on photos and videos of my grand children. Specially during Covid-19 time now because my grand children can't come to visit me due to social distancing rules. No new photos/videos .

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Okay, but still it doesn't solve my problem.

There was an update today as well to OCC from windows store, after updating it didn't do any good.

If I keep all 4 sections of keyboard as red then it looks okay. but if I choose any lighter color, it doesn't show all as same.

If you want, I can show give more screenshots to show my problem. But what I really want to know is that if there is any way to re-calibrate the keyboard lighting colors or diagnostics if the lighting hardware is faulty?

HP Recommended

@Wingiee 

I can't see any problem with that

Default:

OCC zone.png

After (I used Advanced option and I can change to what ever I like)

OCC zone1.png

My suggestion: Uninstall OCC and use Windows Store to Get it again.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

It's probably faulty hardware, there are a few people with this problem and apparently its a factory defect. I also have this problem and am also looking for a fix but seems like it's gonna have to go in. I've contacted HP but they aren't operating in my country at the moment but you can call support in yours and see if they are operational. Better soon than later, your warrent might be ending soon.

HP Recommended

Okay thank you for your message. It was one of the most helpful until now. I will try to contact HP call support and see if anything works.

Cheers!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.