Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
omen 15-dh1050nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi 

I've just got myself a new 2020 omen laptop (not the new style , but its brand new 2020 build) 

and i having some trouble with the backlit keyboard 

it sometimes  work great and sometime its not responding ( I'm talkin only about the RGB backlit , the keyboard itself working as i writing this thread ) 

but now for example the backlit  aint working , of course I've tried FN key+F4 

as well updated my BIOS

uninstalled keyboard drivers then reinstalled them

uninstalled OMEN command center then reinstall it 

and at omen command center it shows that the keyboard lighting is ON 

i actually tried everything i could found online but nothing work 

this morning i turn the computer on and the backlit worked great

after i just closed the screen ( the laptop were in sleeping mode) it seems not to working again 

it really frustrating because its brand new 

pls if this know issue help me  

thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@moi6795 

Our Community can (and would) offer the types of troubleshooting you have already tried.

I don't have an Omen "anything" and I might have missed something, of course.

@old_geekster- Do you have words of wisdom?  Thanks for any insight.

After software, drivers, updates, starring at it, and everything else you can think of fails to help, consider contacting HP Support.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

HP Technical Support – Contact Information

Submit information / case online

Sign in or continue as a guest

Reminder

HP Phone numbers you find on the Internet have likely been hijacked.

HP Support USA does not post public phone numbers.

Many roads lead to HP Support.

Settings > System > About > (Support) Online support > Contact an HP Agent

OR

Open website  HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

OR

>>> Option - HP Support is on Facebook <<<

HP on Facebook

Warranty Check / Product Registration

• Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards

Register HP Product and Registration FAQ

• Check the Warranty on your product

Warranty Check – Single or Multiple Devices

NOTE:  If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to

check single or multiple devices.

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.

Warranty Dispute

Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.

HP Limited Warranty Statements (General Information)

Standard Warranty, that is, the warranty included with the device, typically covers hardware as explained in the Warranty document.  Optional Care Pack warranties differ by contract.

READ – Be Informed – Be Aware

HP Fraud Alert: Protecting Yourself from Scams | HP® Official Site

HP Fraud Alert: Protect Yourself from Scams, Report Suspicious Calls

HP Support does not publicly post contact numbers.  Please submit your case online

• Provide required Information > Explain the problem > Submit the case
  • After the case is submitted, Contact information for your area will be displayed on your screen
  • Reminder:  Wait times can be long – HP Response centers are very busy.

• Use Device Serial Number to submit the case (do not post private information on the Community).
  • Chat is not available in every region.  In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.
  • Consider using HP on Facebook.
  • HP will advise you when there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty.  This is normal business practice.
  • HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty.  This is normal business practice.  Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by contract package.
  • HP websites are the only sites allowed to use the HP copyright  ® circle/logo.  Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.  Still in doubt?  Stay away from the site.

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts / Procedures), Product Information (Specifications)...

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur, I am sorry that I can't add anything to the discussion.  I haven't had an Omen for several years and have not used Omen Command Center for this reason.  I will ask @Photoray002  to clime in on the subject.  He has been keeping up on OCC for quite awhile.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@old_geekster  Unfortunately there is nothing the OP can do from the user end, it is a physical issue. He/She would either have to return it to the store it was purchased from for an exchange/refund, or contact HP Support for a warranty claim.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.