Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-22-2020 08:04 AM
I've just got myself a new 2020 omen laptop (not the new style , but its brand new 2020 build)
and i having some trouble with the backlit keyboard
it sometimes work great and sometime its not responding ( I'm talkin only about the RGB backlit , the keyboard itself working as i writing this thread )
but now for example the backlit aint working , of course I've tried FN key+F4
as well updated my BIOS
uninstalled keyboard drivers then reinstalled them
uninstalled OMEN command center then reinstall it
and at omen command center it shows that the keyboard lighting is ON
i actually tried everything i could found online but nothing work
this morning i turn the computer on and the backlit worked great
after i just closed the screen ( the laptop were in sleeping mode) it seems not to working again
it really frustrating because its brand new
pls if this know issue help me
09-22-2020 08:23 AM
Our Community can (and would) offer the types of troubleshooting you have already tried.
I don't have an Omen "anything" and I might have missed something, of course.
@old_geekster- Do you have words of wisdom? Thanks for any insight.
After software, drivers, updates, starring at it, and everything else you can think of fails to help, consider contacting HP Support.
HP Technical Support – Contact Information
Submit information / case online
Sign in or continue as a guest
HP Phone numbers you find on the Internet have likely been hijacked.
HP Support USA does not post public phone numbers.
Many roads lead to HP Support.
Settings > System > About > (Support) Online support > Contact an HP Agent
Open website HP World-Wide Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
>>> Option - HP Support is on Facebook <<<
Warranty Check / Product Registration
- Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards
- Check the Warranty on your product
NOTE: If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to
check single or multiple devices.
- If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
- Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
- Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
- Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
- Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
- When the page opens, Click View Details
NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.
Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.
- If necessary, select your Region / Country: Scroll to bottom of page and click the Flag
- HP Computers and Printers - How to Submit a Dispute to Validate Your Warranty
HP Limited Warranty Statements (General Information)
Standard Warranty, that is, the warranty included with the device, typically covers hardware as explained in the Warranty document. Optional Care Pack warranties differ by contract.
READ – Be Informed – Be Aware
HP Support does not publicly post contact numbers. Please submit your case online
- Provide required Information > Explain the problem > Submit the case
- After the case is submitted, Contact information for your area will be displayed on your screen
- Reminder: Wait times can be long – HP Response centers are very busy.
- Use Device Serial Number to submit the case (do not post private information on the Community).
- Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.
- Consider using HP on Facebook.
- HP will advise you when there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty. This is normal business practice.
- HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty. This is normal business practice. Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by contract package.
- HP websites are the only sites allowed to use the HP copyright ® circle/logo. Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo. Still in doubt? Stay away from the site.
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts / Procedures), Product Information (Specifications)...
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) aCategory > Topic > Subtopic
Enter the name of your HP device
Thank you for participating in our HP Community.
We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology
Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.
If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .
09-22-2020 07:34 PM
@Dragon-Fur, I am sorry that I can't add anything to the discussion. I haven't had an Omen for several years and have not used Omen Command Center for this reason. I will ask @Photoray002 to clime in on the subject. He has been keeping up on OCC for quite awhile.
I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
09-22-2020 08:29 PM