Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-ce013na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I have the laptop shown in the title and while playing graphic intensive games like metro exodus, far cry 5 , rise of the tomb rider etc. the cpu of the laptop is reaching 95-98 degrees C and the laptop surface is getting very hot. This happens withing 3-5 minutes after i start playing the game. Now normally i didn't play much of those games as i mosly play online games like CS GO or LOL but that rarely too. But i decided to give the new Metro game a shot and the temperatures reach those levels, and i also think the CPU starts to throttle a bit to try and lower the temperature. I also got a BSOD ( System Service Exception BSOD ) just 10 mintues after starting the game.

I keep my laptop on a cooling pad also, and i opened the laptop and cleaned from dust like 2 months ago.

I have the latest BIOS installed, Windows is updated, drivers are updated.

I also had a problem with the laptop just a few months after i bought it where i had to send it for service because the motherboard failed, it's a gaming laptop but didn't play much on it because i don't always have the time, but when i finally do i get all kinds of problems like this with it, and it;s a real struggle to play the latest games because of those huge temperatures.

PC Specs :

Intel Core i7-7700HQ

16GB RAM DDR4 2400

128GB SSD 

1TB HDD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max-q Graphics 6GB

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Andrei47

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community

Run a Component Tests on a System and Video.

Use the following steps to open the Component Tests menu.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.

4. The Component Tests menu displays.

Your Component Tests menu might be different, depending on the components installed on your computer.

Sample List of the Component tests

USe this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259 for Testing for Hardware Failures.

Keep me posted with the test results.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi, i don't get that menu you show me, i only get this one

20190226_091822 (1).jpg

And those are my test results from hardware diagnostic tool :

Untitled.png

HP Recommended

@Andrei47

I would personally suggest you contact our HP Support for one on one interaction. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.