Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V8Z7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I open the laptop to clean and instal second SSD, I was very gentle, but 2 clips on the cover they just broke off. Someone have expierience with HP warranty and is it just void my warranty if i will be need? 

298676468_5312256015526941_6683467077109305724_n (1).jpg

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Albert1222 

Warranty is a grey/gray area very hard to say in concrete. For new generation machines, adding something or fixing something is a work for Authorized Service Provider parts . You can add yourself. If something went wrong due to this upgrade, I think HP would not honor warranty.

Hope this makes sense.

Note: In your case, I don't think HP would replace some broken clips.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I don't care about broke clips i just think is it not a good idea to cancell warranty if i will be need something.

HP Recommended

@Albert1222 wrote:

I don't care about broke clips i just think is it not a good idea to cancell warranty if i will be need something.

This is a cosmetic error, not a technical one, so don't worry

HP Recommended

I will be honest my last laptop HP omen clips destroy after few opens, Normally i open one time in the month to clean everything from the dust, I like to take care of my equipment becouse i was hard work to buy this, So it should be ok? 

HP Recommended

Don't wanna repair clips, i just want to know if this cosmetic visual can be cancell my warranty if i will be need

HP Recommended

Unless all clips are damaged and the device falls apart when touched, the warranty is not at risk.

Don't worry so much...

Good luck

HP Recommended

Ok thanks for a help 🙂 

HP Recommended

@Albert1222 wrote:

Ok thanks for a help 🙂 

You're welcome !

Good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.