Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dh001nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased and received the laptop last month and have noticed some issues with the temperature.  I played one game early on, and the entire body of the laptop heated up, which wasn't strange as my previous laptop was also a gaming laptop, just that the entire middle of the laptop was hot to the touch and not just certain sections like the old one.

Since then I've noticed the laptop randomly get very hot and the fan kick on while I'm only using Chrome and watching YT, most of the time. Hottest it got was 200 and tends to climb to 140-170 at moments while on the charger. Due to the that I run the fan to try and control it. Is this a normal thing for newer/stronger Omen laptops? Besides the fact that the base temperature seems to be over 100 degrees for both the CPU and GPU. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @MrChigen

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please try these steps - HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating

If the issue still persists, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Given that the base temperature of my laptop exceeds the baseline given by the steps, I don't believe that information will help me. I will more than likely be contacting support directly. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.