Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 16 a0032dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone today I got home from work and I was just about to play some video games with my friend. He owns an HP gaming laptop, and we often play video games, like gears of war and star craft. His computer runs great, long story short I got a text that his computer had shut off while running a game, and it wont turn back on. After trying to trouble shoot for about a couple of hours over the phone I could not find a general article related to the problem. 

The AC Power adapter is plugged in, The power button and the battery charger light indicator located on the side of the computer next to where the plug inserts is flashing, As well the computer will not turn on.

I've located a lot of different articles and contacted the virtual agent for assistance: I found out multiple methods, some of which had me feeling helpless. We came to a conclusion that he would find a computer doctor and get it fixed over the weekend.

Has anyone out there had this problem? 

Your computer turning off mid application or while turned on, and then it will not turn back on. Mean while the power light is flashing.

Anyone out there that knows what is wrong here could possibly make it easy for another user who has the same problem.

I've figured out so far that it could have been a battery issue; ac power supply; mother board etc.

Thank you for reading!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@KevLar21, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer Changing light is flashing.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Perform the below steps to resolve this issue: 

Symptoms: Battery power LED blinks, and Caps Lock/Num Lock off 

Possible failure: AC adapter not connected or failure / Battery low charge or failure 

If the battery power LED and the LEDs near the Num Lock and Caps Lock keys do not glow when the computer is disconnected from the AC adapter, then the battery has a very low charge or is not charged at all. Try the following two procedures for diagnosing the power issue: 

Charge the battery: 

Use the following steps to charge the battery. 

1. Connect the AC power adapter, and verify that the battery power LED glows. 

2. Allow the battery to charge for 15 - 30 minutes. 

3. Attempt to start the computer. 

For more details: Click here 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.