Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 15

Hi all

I'm trying to buy an Hp Omen 15 that have 144hz refresh and also GSync on the built in monitor... but the problem is that the info that I've found on Amazon and even on the Hp site are very confusing about the gsync features

I can choose the 15-dc1008nl ( with a rtx 2070 ) or the 15-dc1037nl ( with a 2060 ) but I cannot be 100% sure about the gsync spec... can you help me to figure out?

Thanks

Mirko

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @mirkogreen 

Its been a controversy for a while since the Omen DC series came out and G-sync enabled built in panels are concerned.

Information has been contradictory and all this has been reported to HP.

Many owners of the dc1000 series with RTX 2060 cards have complained that they are not able to access G-sync despite info on the web by various sources.

HP has since updated the Maintenance Manual (page 2) to reflect a change in the built in panels that are installed on the series.  To get a G-sync enabled panel, you need the 240Hz panel that as far as I can tell, only comes on models with an RTX 2070.

BUT, HP has failed in their reporting of specs for all these dc models of which graphics cards and panels are actually installed. I have reported all this to HP as well and am still waiting for the spec sheets to be updated.

Until then, all I can point out is that to get a G-sync enabled panel, you have to go with the RTX 2070 model. But do know that if you cannot access this function in the Nvidia Control Panel, you can always return the PC to the store you purchased from. But do find out the return policy window from the store you use first.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.