Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION 15-EC1006NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After 8 months of usage, I encountered a problem while gaming. This had never happened before. Whenever I play games, after a while the laptops goes into hibernate mode. Once it happens, it kept happening every minute or two and made it impossible to play a league. The cooling fans also go crazy whenever I play games. I have never heard the fans soo loud as well before. The laptop gets hot as well even though the cooling fan is working. Please help me with this. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Abi31

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that your HP notebook is not working correctly after entering into hibernation mode. 

The Windows Power troubleshooter can be used to find and fix problems with computer power settings.

To run the Power troubleshooter, complete these steps:

1. In Windows, search for and open Troubleshooting.

2. In the Troubleshoot computer problems window, under System and Security, select Improve power usage.

Troubleshoot computer problems with Improve power usage highlighted

3. In the Power window, click Next. The Power troubleshooter starts detecting issues.

Detecting issues window

4. When the detection process is complete, recommended actions are displayed. Follow the on-screen instructions to fix any detected problems.

And, also use HP Support Assistant to find and install updates, including BIOS updates, for your computer with Windows.

1. In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant, or click the app icon  in the taskbar.

If the app is not installed on your computer, download the latest version from the HP Support Assistant website.

2. On the My devices tab, find your computer, and then click Updates.

3. Click Check for updates and messages to get the latest updates.

4. Wait while HP Support Assistant analyzes the system.

5. After the analysis completes, select the listed updates, download and install the updates, and then follow any on-screen instructions.

6. If prompted, restart the computer, and then close the tool.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.