Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-ec0014nt

Hi ,

I have huge dpc latency problems. Tried almost everything but nothing helped. Nvidia , acpi , ndis , wdf01000 i have problems with all of them and no solution.

-Tried clean install of Windows
-Several attempt to cleaning and installing drivers (and different driver versions)
-Attempt for thermal solutions (right now i don't have thermal problems)
-Power plan changes
-Disabled hardwares from Device Manager

I guess this computer really needs for a new bios and new drivers but i wanted to ask if you guys know anything about the possible solution please help me. Thank you so much for reading.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@frogsdream The cause behind high DPC latency is an issue with device drivers. While they need to updated on time to avoid such issues, once you start facing the problem, merely updating it might not be enough.

Try the following solutions sequentially to resolve the issue:

Solution 1] Update the drivers

While updating the drivers would be more of a prevention than a cure,

we could try it and check if we are lucky enough to resolve the issue.

Solution 2] Change the power plan

The power plan could be the main culprit behind DPC latency, since the balanced power mode confuses the system of which task to prioritize and which not to. The power saver plan will shift the focus to high-priority tasks and the the high performance plan would accelerate all tasks.

1] Press Win + R to open the Run window and type the command powercfg.cpl. Hit Enter to open the Power options window.

2] On the list on the left-hand side, click on Create a power plan.

3] Select any power plan other than the Balanced one.

Solution 3] Disable dynamic ticking and update the graphic card’s drivers

As suggested above, DPC latency could be blamed on drivers more than anything, and the main culprit is assumed to be the graphic drivers. The following procedure could help with the same:

1] Press Win + R to open the Run window and type the command cmd. Hit Enter to open Command Prompt.

2] Enter the following command: bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

3] After pressing Enter, wait till the command is executed successfully.

4] Exit Command Prompt and update the graphic drivers.

Solution 4] Temporarily disable Firewall

The Firewall is another probable reason behind DPC latency. While we cannot do away with iot for security reason, it would be wise to check if it is interfering to isolate the cause. Disable the Firewall temporarily and check if it makes a difference.

Solution 5] Disable Internet Protocol version 6

While someday in future, we might need IPv6, as of present, it interferes with many functions of the system. Disabling it and shifting to IPv4 is a good idea. The procedure is as follows:

1] Press Win + R to open the Run window and type the command ncpa.cpl. Hit Enter to open the Network Connections window.

2] Double-click on your network adapter and the click on Properties.

3] In the following list, uncheck the box next to Internet Protocol version 6.

4] Click on Apply and the OK to save the settings.

Solution 6] Disable the Bonjour application

The Bonjour application by Apple is known to cause the issue in Windows system.

1] Press Win + R to open the Run window and type the command control panel. Press Enter to open the Control Panel.

2] Open Programs and Features from among the option. It would display the list of installed programs.

3] Right-click and uninstall Bonjour.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi , thank you for your answer. I've tried all of them before i posted. I searched about dpc latency for a while and tried every possible solution but still no luck. 

HP Recommended

I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

At this point I suggest you contact HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your Notebook and sort this out

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

The link that you gave is not working

HP Recommended

May I know in which Country are you located?

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ofc , it's Turkey.

HP Recommended

@frogsdream since that isn't working for you, If you have an HP authorized service center near by, you should be able to take it to them and have it checked,

Here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: Click here

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.